The Nash Exchange token (NEX) is now available on Ethereum. NEX was originally a NEO-based token, but Nash has created a bridge between the Ethereum and NEO chains so NEX holders can swap their tokens from one chain to the other.
- How does the bridge work?The bridge burns tokens on one chain while minting them on another, maintaining a constant supply of 50 million NEX. NEX tokens on Ethereum are not “wrapped”. Wrapping involves a custodian holding the original token and Nash is committed to being non-custodial.
- Is NEX on Ethereum also a security token?Yes, NEX on Ethereum has the same legal status as NEX on NEO.
- Can I stake NEX on Ethereum as well as on NEO?If you want to stake NEX tokens, you will have to use NEX on the NEO blockchain. There is no Ethereum staking contract yet, but will be in future. If you have NEX on Ethereum, just swap it to the NEO chain and then you can stake.
- Is there a fee for using the bridge?Yes. Users must always pay Ethereum network fees, both when swapping NEP-5 tokens for ERC-20 and in the other direction.
- Is there a limit on how much I can swap?There is a minimum swap amount of 500 NEX.
You can stay up to date with Nash by following our Twitter and Instagram, as well as joining our official Telegram group. We also encourage all Nash Exchange token (NEX) holders to join our community platform, where they can talk directly with the team and receive reliable answers to questions.